Daisy was letting out a horrible cry, and throwing up. We new something was wrong. Our best guess, our Goat was poisoned by eating Mountain Laurel somewhere on the property. Goats that browse on native vegetation are always at risk for eating something they shouldn’t. Goats are especially effected by Mountain Laurel, Rhododendron and Azaleas.
In this Video you will see what steps we took to save a goat that was poisoned.
In the event that your Goat is poisoned by eating Mountain Laurel, our Vet suggested feeding them a mixture of
- 1 whole beer
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp epsom salt
Give every 3 to 4 hours until the vomiting stops.